BlankMulti-Modulus Blanks w/Matte Green Finish
– Douglas combines multi-modulus blank design and multiple rod tapers to create one of the most versatile rod series on the market. Lighter rod models are optimized for presentation while larger, heavier models are optimized for power and distance capabilities. Douglas has finished the DXF in a non-reflective matte green finish to keep the rod low profile and stealthy.
SIC Hard Chrome Stripping Guides
– Hard chrome stripping guides are durable and efficient. These guides are low friction and help any fly line shoot effortless through the DXF. Although they’re durable, hard chrome stripping guides are also lightweight for decreased overall rod weight.
Hard Chrome Snake Guides – Similarly, hard chrome snake guides are the industry norm and complement the hard chrome stripping guides of the DXF well. These snake guides are lightweight and functional.
Burled Wood w/Anodized Aluminum Uplocking Component
– The smaller rod models of the DXF feature a reel seat with a burled wood insert. The burled wood gives the DXF a classic trout rod aesthetic while maintaining functionality and durability. A double uplocking anodized aluminum component anchors down any trout reel.
Anodized Aluminum w/Double Uplocking Component – The larger rod models of the DXF series have an anodized aluminum reel seat with double uplocking componentry to anchor larger saltwater fly reels. All models utilize AAA grade cork grips that are scaled for every rod size and rod taper.
Cordura Rod Tube
– The DXF comes in a durable Cordura rod tube with a rod sock for increased protection. Cordura keeps the DXF safe during transportation, travel, and time off of the water.
The Douglas Original Owner Lifetime Warranty
– As of August 2019, Douglas has an original owner lifetime warranty on all of their fly rods. This warranty covers damage to the rod from any cause but excludes normal wear and tear or lost sections. Douglas will fix or replace your rod for a $35 handling fee.
Best for: All Water
Grip (2wt – 6wt): Reversed Half Wells
Grip (7wt – 12wt): Full Wells w/Fighting Butt
Ability Level: Beginner- Expert (learn more)
We highly recommend using a freshwater specific line on the smaller rod models. Our favorite for all water applications is:
There are no reviews yet.