BlankMulti Modulus Blank Design w/Proprietary Nano Carbon Materials
– Sky rods are made with next-generation nano carbon xmatrix materials for decreased overall rod weight and increased rod strength. These materials create a rod that’s incredibly powerful and highly capable at any distance. The blank is finished in an elegant glare-resistant matte platinum-colored finish to add to the rod’s stealth.
Fuji Torzite Titanium Stripping Guides
– Torzite titanium stripping guides are tangle-resistant and minimize line friction during the casting stroke. Titanium gives the guides increased strength and durability to stand up to weather and wear.
REC Titanium Recoil Guides – Titanium recoil guides rebound when bent or crushed. These guides are highly functional and keep the Sky lightweight.
Black Burled Wood w/Skeletonized Anodized Aluminum
– The smaller rod models of the Sky Series feature a skeletonized anodized aluminum reel seat with a black burled wood insert. The burled wood gives the Sky a classic trout rod aesthetic while maintaining functionality and durability. A double uplocking anodized aluminum component anchors down any trout reel.
Anodized Aluminum w/Double Uplocking Component – The larger rod models of the Sky have an anodized aluminum reel seat with double uplocking componentry to anchor larger saltwater fly reels. All models utilize AAAA grade cork grips that are scaled for every rod size and rod taper.
Aluminum Rod Tube
– The Sky comes in a durable Aluminum rod tube with a premium plush moisture wicking rod sock for increased protection. Lightweight aluminum keeps the Sky safe during transportation, travel, and time off of the water.
The Douglas Original Owner Lifetime Warranty
– As of August 2019, Douglas has an original owner lifetime warranty on all of their fly rods. This warranty covers damage to the rod from any cause but excludes normal wear and tear or lost sections. Douglas will fix or replace your rod for a $35 handling fee.
Best for: All Water
Grip (3wt – 6wt): Reversed Half Wells
Grip (6wt – 12wt): Full Wells w/Fighting Butt
Ability Level: Intermediate – Expert (learn more)
We highly recommend using a freshwater specific line on the smaller rod models. Our favorite for all water applications is:
There are no reviews yet.