BlankHigh Performance Fast Action Blank
– The blank of the AETOS is designed for the angler with a fast casting stroke. The fast action build of the rod features plenty of reserve power and increased line speeds. The rod blank has a soft tip for quality short distance performance as well as plenty of power at longer distances.
Large Diameter Gunsmoke Stripping Guides
– One large diameter gunsmoke stripping guide minimizes unneeded weight and contributes to the functionality of the AETOS. The stripping guide and snake guides are secured with black thread wraps.
Double Foot Gunsmoke Snake Guides – The snake guides on the AETOS are quiet and functional. Snake guides decrease friction and improve line shooting capabilities. Many major rod manufacturers use snake guides because they’re time-proven and industry accepted.
Anodized Aluminum w/Double Uplocking Components
– The reel seat of the AETOS is built for purpose. Anodized aluminum is extremely durable and lightweight. The AETOS also includes a double uplocking component to secure even the largest fly reel.
Cloth-Covered Rod Tube
– The AETOS comes in a black cloth-covered rod tube that protects the rod during travel and time off of the water. The tube features a cloth rod bag to keep the rod properly divided in the tube.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
– The AETOS falls under Fenwick’s Limited Lifetime Warranty. As of June 2019, Fenwick will repair or replace any rod that has broken, due to a manufacturer defect, at no charge. Unlike some warranties, Fenwick’s warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse or mistreatment of the rod; however, they will give you a nice discount on a new rod if you do break it accidentally.
Best for: All Water
Grip: Reversed Half Wells
Ability Level: Beginner- Expert (learn more)
We highly recommend using a freshwater specific line. Our favorite for all water applications is: