– In collaboration with Shimano, the Asquith is the first fly rod ever built to use Shimano’s new ‘Spiral-X’ technology. In addition to making the rod lighter, Spiral-X is said to increase power transfer from tip to hand and increase sensitivity.
The blank has a dark green color and dark green wraps. It’s got understated beauty.
Fuji SiC Stripping Guides w/Titanium Frame
– You can’t build a light rod without the lightest components. Titanium guides are not only up to 65% lighter than stainless steel, they’re also over 3 times stronger and totally saltwater safe. These guides are fitted with Silicon Carbide inserts that are diamond polished for reduced drag and improved casting performance.
Titanium and Nickel Snake Guides – The Asquith comes standard with top-of-the-line titanium snake guides to help you shoot line further.
Custom Bamboo Reel Seat
– The 4- to 6-weight Asquiths are adorned with a ‘custom’ single uplocking anodized aluminum reel seat with an eco-friendly bamboo insert
Anodized Aluminum Reel Seat – Higher line weight models of the Asquith come with a fully saltwater safe dual uplocking anodized aluminum reel seat.
Aluminum Rod Tube
– The Asquith comes with a great aluminum rod tube that will protect your investment
Loomis Limited Lifetime Warranty
– The G. Loomis Asquith, like all Loomis fly rods, is covered by a Lifetime Limited Warranty, which covers the rod for the life of the original owner. For breakage determined to have occurred due to non-conformance, G. Loomis will at the companies’ discretion, either repair or replace the product at no charge.
Xpeditor Service – G. Loomis offers an additional option for repair that we think is the industry’s finest. It’s a no-fault, no questions-asked, service program that gets you fishing in as little as a few days!! As of April 2018, the fee for the Asquith is $250.
Best for: All Water, Flats
Grip: Half-Wells – 4-weight to 6-weight
Full-Wells w/ Fighting Butt – 7-weight to 12-weight
Ability Level: Intermediate – Expert (learn more)
For freshwater models, we like: