DesignDesigned for Versatility
– Galvan included reel models from a 2-3wt all the way up through a 12wt in the Torque Series. These reels are great all water reels and are truly built for versatility. The Torque features an EZ Grip reel handle, maximum porting, a Torque Drag System, and T2 anodizing. These features and the intelligent design of the Torque are a testament to Galvan engineering and the performance of this reel.
Type T2 Anodized Finish
– The Torque is finished with Type T2 anodizing that incorporates minimal materials points of contact which makes the reel extremely corrosion resistant and saltwater safe. The anodizing also allows Galvan to make the Torque in a host of different colors to cater to any angler.
Machined 6061 Aluminum
– The Torque is built with machined 6061 Aluminum which has a few benefits. 6061 aluminum is both abrasion-resistant and corrosion-resistant. If you happen to drop or ding your reel, machined aluminum resists corrosion even when abraded. This type of aluminum is commonly used in aircraft and boat/automotive construction and contributes to the lightweight, durable build of the Torque.
– The Torque functions on Galvan’s well-known Torque Drag System. The Torque Drag System is a disc drag system without any ball bearings. Instead of ball bearings, the reel utilizes a high-tech plastic bushing for near-frictionless spool rotation.
Materials – The disc drag system on the Torque is made with smooth state-of-the-art thermoplastic and carbon fiber discs that require virtually no maintenance. These discs are durable and made to last for the lifetime of the reel.
– The large arbor of the Torque increases line pickup and helps anglers fight the largest freshwater and saltwater fish. Most contemporary fly reels are made with a large arbor design to allow anglers to pick up as much line as possible with as little work as possible.
Original Owner Lifetime Warranty
– As of December 2019, all Galvan fly reels come with a lifetime warranty that covers all parts and workmanship under normal use conditions. The warranty provides that any Galvan reel will be repaired or replaced at no charge to the original owner. Repairs that don’t fall under the warranty start at $50 plus the cost of shipping.
Arbor Size: Large