DesignA Beefed Up Second Iteration
– The new iteration of the CCF comes with twice the drag strength, twice the smoothness, and half the startup inertia. Nautilus redesigned the original CCF to be stronger, more durable, and more versatile than ever before. In doing so, they’ve beefed up the weight, too, to help balance heavier fly rods and to increase strength and durability.
Brushed Titanium or Black Anodizing
– The CCF-X2 is available in either brushed titanium or a black anodized finish. Both finishes hold up well when exposed to saltwater abuse and the reel’s finish stands up well when dropped or dinged. This isn’t the most durable saltwater fly reel out there, but the finishing is functional and strong.
– The CCF-X2 is built with machined Aluminum which has a few benefits. Machined aluminum is both abrasion-resistant and corrosion-resistant. If you happen to drop or ding your reel, this aircraft aluminum resists corrosion even when abraded. The aluminum holds up to saltwater corrosion and weather and wear.
– The CCF-X2 functions on a cork carbon fiber disc brake drag system. This drag system is incredibly strong (one of the strongest on the market) and is perfect for wrangling any saltwater species.
Materials – The drag on the CCF-X2 is made up of Cork and Carbon Fiber disc brakes and also features hybrid ceramic bearings. The drag is completely sealed and keeps saltwater out without sacrificing drag strength or adjustability. This reel has low start-up inertia and great drag adjustability.
– The ‘Giga’ arbor of the CCF-X2 increases line pickup and helps anglers fight the largest saltwater fish on a single-handed fly rod. The 8/10 version of the reel picks up almost 12 inches of line per turn with an 8wt fly line. The arbor design also helps with line management and the angler doesn’t have to worry about where his/her line lands on the reel when playing a fish.
Nautilus Limited Lifetime Warranty
– As of November 2019, all Nautilus reels come with a limited lifetime warranty for the original owner that covers defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty doesn’t cover damage caused by accident, misuse, or improper maintenance. That being said, Nautilus will repair all reels and spools for an additional cost.
Arbor Size: Ultra-Large