DesignBig Game Saltwater Design
– The >NV–G is designed to be a high-performance saltwater fly reel. The reel comes in multiple sizes, great for a host of saltwater applications. The reel is made to be lightweight without sacrificing drag strength or retrieval rates. An ultra-large arbor design increases retrieval rates and a disc drag system locks down to stop the largest saltwater species.
Brushed Titanium or Black Anodizing
– The >NV–G is available in either brushed titanium or a black anodized finish. Both finishes hold up well when exposed to saltwater abuse and the reel’s finish stands up well when dropped or dinged. This is one of the most durable saltwater fly reels out there, and the finishing is functional and strong.
– The >NV–G is built with CNC machined Aluminum which has a few benefits. Machined aluminum is both abrasion-resistant and corrosion-resistant. If you happen to drop or ding your reel, this aircraft aluminum resists corrosion even when abraded. The aluminum holds up to saltwater corrosion and weather and wear.
– The >NV–G functions on a cork carbon fiber disc brake drag system. This drag system is incredibly strong (one of the strongest on the market) and is perfect for wrangling any saltwater species.
Materials – The drag on the >NV–G is made up of Cork and Carbon Fiber disc brakes and also features hybrid ceramic bearings. On the >NV–G, stainless steel components have largely been replaced by ceramics and titanium. The drag is completely sealed and keeps saltwater out without sacrificing drag strength or adjustability. This reel has low start-up inertia and great drag adjustability.
– The ‘Giga’ arbor of the >NV–G increases line pickup and helps anglers fight the largest saltwater fish on a single-handed fly rod. The G-10 version of the reel picks up almost 15 inches of line per turn! The arbor design also helps with line management and the angler doesn’t have to worry about where his/her line lands on the reel when playing a fish.
Nautilus Limited Lifetime Warranty
– As of November 2019, all Nautilus reels come with a limited lifetime warranty for the original owner that covers defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty doesn’t cover damage caused by accident, misuse, or improper maintenance. That being said, Nautilus will repair all reels and spools for an additional cost.
Arbor Size: Ultra-Large