BlankModerate Action Blank
– The moderate action blank of the Classic Trout is designed for short- and mid-range presentations. The rod encourages a slower casting stroke and features true mid-flex technology. The moderate blank action protects light tippets and helps land small flies delicately in front of rising fish. The blank has a dark clay brown color and matches both the rod tube and the reel seat.
Titanium Oxide Stripping Guides
– Titanium oxide stripping guides allow fly line to shoot through the Classic Trout effortlessly. These guides are small to accommodate freshwater specific fly lines and durable to stand up to weathering and wear.
Lightweight Snake Guides – Snake guides decrease the overall rod weight of the Classic Trout to keep the rod as lightweight as possible without sacrificing performance. Snake guides are popular in the industry because of their functionality and durability.
Rosewood Insert w/Uplocking Component
– The beautiful rosewood insert of the Classic Trout matches the deep brown of the rod blank. A rosewood insert gives the Classic Trout a traditional feel while maintaining functionality and style. A single anodized aluminum uplocking component holds smaller trout reels in place and keeps the rod lightweight.
Ballistic Nylon Rod Tube
– The Classic Trout comes in a fully protected ballistic nylon rod tube with dividers for easy storage. Nylon is a phenomenal mid-priced alternative to aluminum and protects the rod during travel and transportation.
The Redington Lifetime Warranty
– As of July 2019, every new Redington rod purchased through an authorized dealer, excluding the Crosswater Series and Minnow and Topo Combos, is covered by a lifetime original owner warranty. The warranty is limited to replacement of the rod only and does not cover direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or any other type of damage resulting from the use of the product.
Best for: All Water, Dry Flies
Grip: Reversed Half Wells
Ability Level: Beginner- Expert (learn more)
We highly recommend using a freshwater specific line on the lighter rod models. Our favorite for small water applications is:
There are no reviews yet.