DesignMAX Durability, MAX Performance
– Sage designed the Spectrum MAX to be a reel with solid durability and maximum performance. By fully machining the reel with 6061-T6 aluminum, Sage built a frame that was lightweight and rugged. Inside the reel’s rugged frame, Sage packaged a Sealed Carbon System drag that’s strong and capable. Add stunning outer aesthetics and user-friendly ergonomics, and it’s easy to see how this reel is the perfect combination of durability and performance.
– The Spectrum MAX is finished with a hard anodize to protect the surface of the reel from corrosion and other wear and tear. Anodizing is a popular way to finish reels in the fly fishing industry because of its ability to preserve the integrity of the reel without adding unneeded weight.
Fully Machined 6061-T6 Aluminum
– The Spectrum MAX, unlike other reels in the Spectrum Series, is fully machined from 6061-T6 aerospace-grade aluminum. After the reel is machined, it’s then cold forged and tempered for increased strength and rigidity. Sage used top of the line materials in the production of this reel and its durability and resistance to dings and scrapes is a testament to that.
– The Spectrum MAX functions on an SCS (Sealed Carbon System) drag system. The drag is fully sealed and quickly dissipates the kinetic energy from high pressure on the drag system for increased performance and lasting durability.
Materials – The SCS drag system on the Spectrum MAX combines proprietary high-grade US-made carbon and detailed configurations to accommodate any angling scenario. These materials are extra-rugged for performance when it counts.
– The large arbor of the Spectrum MAX increases line pickup and helps anglers fight freshwater and saltwater fish on a single-handed fly rod. The large arbor design of the Spectrum MAX also increases retrieval rates and allows anglers to gain more line on any fish from freshwater Trout to saltwater Tarpon.
The Sage Lifetime Warranty
– As of January 2021, Every new Sage rod, blank and Sage reel is covered by a lifetime, original owner warranty. One of the finest warranties in the business, it covers defects in materials or workmanship as well as rods that fail due to misuse, negligence, or normal wear-and-tear. Repair fees are based on the age of the rod and Sage charges a $30 processing fee for rods that are part of the current lineup. For up to the minute warranty information, please contact Sage Repairs at 888-848-7243
Arbor Size: Large