Select ComparisonsSage X vs Winson Air
– Totally different rods. The Winston Air is a mellow dry fly oriented rod and the Sage X is a fast action all-around rod.
Sage X vs Helios 3 – In the lighter weights, the X is closer to the 3F in action and is a touch heavier in swing weight. In the heavier weights, the X has the lighter swing weight, but the action sits between the 3F and 3D in action.
Sage X vs Sage Salt HD – The X is a much lighter rod in both overall weight and swing weight. The Salt HD is a big game rod designed for shorter ‘flats’ type casts while the X is an all around tool.
Sage X vs G Loomis NRX – In the lighter line weights, the X compares closely to the NRX LP with a softer overall action and a similar swing weight. In higher line weights, the X pulls away with much lighter swing weights and similar casting abilities.
– At the core of most new Sage rods is their KonneticHD technology. Through exclusive partnerships, Sage has developed advanced high density (HD) fiber positioning, enhanced laminate characteristics, and optimized manufacturing techniques increase composite modulus while maintaining durability. It’s the highest energy transferring material Sage has ever created.
The X also features a “Black Spruce” shaft color with Dark Green thread wraps with Metallic Grey trim wraps.
Fuji Ceramic Stripping Guides
– For proven performane durability Sage has chosen the time-tested Fuji ceramic guides, which not only reduce drag, but last a lifetime.
Hard chromed snake guides – The long-time standard for fly rod guides, the chrome snake guides both look and perform exceptionally well.
Vera wood insert with Stealth Black anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
– The X’s freshwater models feature a gorgeous vera wood insert atop their anodized aluminum single uplocking reel seat. It’s both functional and attractive.
Stealth Black anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat – Full wells models of the X combine their standard Super plus cork with a fully saltwater safe anodized aluminum reel seat. Naturally, it’s a dual uplocking model to make sure you’re reeling in fish, not fishing for your reel. Both reel seats include a laser etched line weight on slide band
Evergreen powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage medallion
– Sage wants to make sure your investment is protected, and the aluminum rod tube does just that. It also comes with a matching rod bag with logo and model tag.
The Sage Lifetime Warranty
– As of January 2021, Every new Sage rod, blank and Sage reel is covered by a lifetime, original owner warranty. One of the finest warranties in the business, it covers defects in materials or workmanship as well as rods that fail due to misuse, negligence, or normal wear-and-tear. Repair fees are based on the age of the rod and Sage charges a $30 processing fee for rods that are part of the current lineup. For up to the minute warranty information, please contact Sage Repairs at 888-848-7243