– ReAct is Scott’s proprietary technology for reducing vibrations and increasing recovery speed. It does this by combining their X-Core design with new materials and tapers. The result is a rod that is extremely high performing, yet retains the feel that we’ve come to expect from Scott.
Multi-Modulus Design – Scott’s G Series Multi-Modulus blank design creates smoother rod flex and line recovery by varying fiber tensile modulus throughout the rod. This technology allows Scott to control stiffness and flexibility at every point along the rod blank. The result? Smooth, fine-tuned performance.
Fiberfuse, Arc, and Finish – The G Series is made with an advanced Fiberfuse resin that allows superior chemical bonding throughout the rod blank for a stronger fly rod design. Advanced Reinforced Carbon (Arc) adds to the rod’s strength and reduces torque. The G Series is also made with hollow internal ferrule technology and a natural, unsanded finish to keep the rod insanely lightweight in hand.
Fuji SiC Stripping Guides w/Titanium Frame
– The best rods start with the best components. Titanium guides are not only up to 65% lighter than stainless steel, they’re also over 3 times stronger and totally saltwater safe. These guides are fitted with Silicon Carbide inserts that are diamond polished for reduced drag and improved casting performance.
Universal Snake Guides – Universal Snake guides add to the functionality and durability of the G Series. Universal guides feature radius feet, corrosion resistant design, and a self-lubricating finish to help fly line move effortlessly on the rod. Universal Snake guides also contribute to the rod’s superior line control capabilities and fast line speeds.
Uplocking w/Micarta Insert
– The reel seat on the G Series is a testament to Scott craftsmanship. Black anodized aluminum and a Micarta insert compliment the rod blank well and provide aesthetic appeal and fishy functionality to the G Series. The reel seat keeps the fly rod light and durable.
Aluminum Rod Tube
– The G Series comes with the same ultra-durable aluminum rod tube that comes with all Scott Rods. It will protect the rod against even the meanest baggage handlers.
Scott Lifetime Warranty
– The Scott G Series, like all Scott fly rods, is covered by the Scott Lifetime Warranty, which covers the rod for the life of the original owner. As of July 2015, the cost of these repairs is $50 and the turnaround time is about 4 weeks. Rods must be registered within 30 days of purchase to qualify for the warranty.
Best for: Freshwater, Dry Flies
Grip: Snub Nose Half Wells
Ability Level: Intermediate – Expert (learn more)
We highly recommend using a trout specific line. Our favorite for trout applications is:
- Best New Freshwater Fly Rod, 2017 IFTD Show