BlankProgressive Medium-Fast Action Blank
– The blank of the Pro 2 is designed to cater to a wide range of casting strokes. Medium-fast rods are typically the most caster friendly and the Pro 2 certainly complies to that generalization. Even though the Pro 2 is forgiving, it’s also powerful with solid accuracy at longer distances. The progressive taper creates a smooth casting stroke and these rods are truly a pleasure to cast.
Note: The Spigot Ferrules on this rod do not fit all the way down.
Oversized Stripping Guide
– The Pro 2 has two oversized stripping guides. These stripping guides accommodate any fly line and allow line to shoot through the rod effortlessly in all angling scenarios.
Hard Chrome Snake Guides – Hard chrome snake guides add simple functionality to the Pro 2. These guides are used by many major rod manufacturers for their simple, low-friction design and rugged durability.
This rod also has Spigot Ferrules.
Anodized w/Braided Carbon Inserts
– The reel seat on the Pro 2 is simple and functional. Anodized aluminum componentry and a braided carbon fiber insert anchor any fly reel to the Pro 2. The reel seat is weather-resistant and highly functional for solid performance on the water and durability that lasts. The Carbon insert keeps the rod lightweight without sacrificing strength or power.
Rod Tube Not Included
– The Pro 2 doesn’t come with a rod tube. That being said, TFO Triangular rod tubes can be purchased separately to keep the Pro 2 safe during transportation and travel.
– As of July 2019, TFO rods purchased from an authorized dealer have a no-fault lifetime warranty for the life of the registered owner. TFO will always repair or replace (at no cost to the customer) any rod with faulty workmanship or manufacturer defects. If your rod breaks or is damaged from normal wear and tear, TFO charges $35 for repairs, processing, shipping, etc.
Medium – Fast
Best for: All Water
Grip (2wt – 6wt): Reversed Half Wells
Grip (7wt – 10wt): Full Wells w/Fighting Butt
Ability Level: Beginner – Expert (learn more)
We highly recommend using a freshwater specific line for the lighter rod models. Our favorite for all water applications is: